- ABC@home: Project News 22 May 2013
22.05.2013 00:00 Uhr
ABC@home may (again) be unavailable for some periods over the next few days.
- ABC@home: Project News 18 February 2013
18.02.2013 00:00 Uhr
ABC@home may be unavailable for some periods over the next few days.
- ABC@home: Project News 7 December 2012
07.12.2012 00:00 Uhr
Due to planned maintenance work on the university network, ABC@home will probably be unavailable from 17:00 UTC today until around 07:00 UTC tomorrow.
- ABC@home: Project News 8 September 2012
08.09.2012 00:00 Uhr
We’ve reached another milestone in our search; while we verify the data and prepare for future work, there will be far fewer workunits available. Thanks for all the support so far, and we look forward to having more work available soon!
- ABC@home: Project News 25 March 2012
25.03.2012 00:00 Uhr
We’ve encountered a problem with our feed of new work units, so there’s no new work available right now. Sorry! We’re working on fixing it.
- ABC@home: Project News 10 September 2011
10.09.2011 00:00 Uhr
Due to a flood of spam, we’ve temporarily restricted who can post to the project forums.
- ABC@home: Project News 9 April 2011
09.04.2011 00:00 Uhr
A quick update: A lot of spam profiles were removed in the last few days, do complain if we removed any legitimate ones by mistake! Also, preliminary data for all triples with c no more than 10^18 has been available from our data page for a while now, although it is (of course) still preliminary at this point. Many thanks to our dedicated users, and we’ve now moved onward to further reaches of the search space!
- ABC@home: Project News 3 October 2010
03.10.2010 00:00 Uhr
ABC@home will be unavailable for some periods over the next few days.
- ABC@home: Project News 24 August 2010
24.08.2010 00:00 Uhr
Binaries for all platforms have now been updated. There seem to be some issues with Windows 2000 hosts, which we’ll try and fix in the next few days. Please report any other problems!
- AlmereGrid Boinc Grid: De afgelopen week hadden we problemen met de schijven van de server. Alles lijkt nu opgelost
14.01.2014 00:00 Uhr
- AlmereGrid Boinc Grid: Past week we had problems with the disks of our server. Everything seems to be resolved now
14.01.2014 00:00 Uhr
- AlmereGrid Boinc Grid: Wat doet Correlizer? Zie de beschrijving op .
22.02.2012 00:00 Uhr
- AlmereGrid Boinc Grid: What does the Corellizer application do? See description on .
22.02.2012 00:00 Uhr
- AlmereGrid Boinc Grid: The first 10.000 WUs of the new version of Correlizer are now in the system.
19.07.2011 00:00 Uhr
- AlmereGrid Boinc Grid: De eerste 10.000 WUs van de nieuwe versie van Correlizer zitten nu in het systeem
19.07.2011 00:00 Uhr
- AlmereGrid Boinc Grid: Komende maandag, 30 mei, beginnen we met een upgrade van de server en een installatie van een nieuwe versie van BOINC. We verwachten na drie dagen weer online te zijn.
27.05.2011 00:00 Uhr
- AlmereGrid Boinc Grid: We start upgrading the server with a new version of BOINC on Monday May 30th 2011. We expect it takes about three days to be online again.
27.05.2011 00:00 Uhr
- AlmereGrid Boinc Grid: Rapport samengesteld door
internationale teams van experts onder leiding van AlmereGrid.
16.02.2011 00:00 Uhr
- BURP: Continuously BURPing for a decade
16.06.2014 16:59 Uhr
On June the 16th 2004, the very first test renders started rendering on BURP. A lot has happened since then and a lot of the original ideas from back then have now been turned into reality. We aren’t done just yet, so stay tuned for more in the next 10 years - Happy anniversary!
- BURP: Short film "Vetri" by Danan
15.05.2014 18:20 Uhr
Danan has completed his work on the movie “Vetri” that we’ve recently been rendering. This is the third, large, movie project that he has done – the former ones being “Tripping” and “Theevan” – and he has already promised that there is going to be more where it came from. You can watch the movie and comment on it in his thread in the forum.
- BURP: Correction to the previous news post
09.04.2014 18:03 Uhr
A tiny little spelling error got into the news item from 1st of April causing it to look like BURP had been acquired by Facebook. The intended text was of course: “Happy 1st of April!”
- BURP: BURP has been acquired by Facebook inc.
01.04.2014 12:00 Uhr
In a short press release today the California-based company Facebook Inc. announced that they have bought the BURP rendering platform including all assets for $21 billion. “Facebook Chairman and CEO, Mark Sugarbird” wrote:
I’m excited to announce that we’ve agreed to acquire BURP, the leader in BOINC-based online rendering technology using Blender. Facebook’s mission is to make the world more open and connected. This has mostly meant building mobile apps that help you share with the people you care about, but at this point we feel we’re in a position where we can start focusing on what will come next to enable even more useful, entertaining and personal experiences. BURP’s mission is to enable you to experience the impossible. Together the technologies open up the possibility of completely new kinds of experiences!The buyout is just one in a series of large technology investments made recently, but the price tag completely dwarfs that of the Oculus Rift. As a consequence of this merger there is going to be some changes in the near future:
- All accounts will be merged with existing Facebook accounts and will be automatically converted to use your real name and personal picture (regardless of your security settings)
- We’re adding support for playing mini-games while uploading sessions. You can add credit card information in the user account settings to make in-game purchases easier.
- Random delays of around 3-5 seconds will be added to the website from time to time for no apparent reason.
- If a session contains references to known living persons it will automatically post a link on their wall through WhatsApp with Instagrammed 3D previews from the rendered animation, easily browsable with any attached Oculus Rift.
The PR department has yet to come up with a good name for the new platform but has revealed that to honor the legacy of both parties it will most likely be some combination of the words “face” and “burp”.
- BURP: Big Buck Bunny, Sunflower movie version released
18.12.2013 21:58 Uhr
In 2008 the Blender Foundation created an open movie called Big Buck Bunny and released it and the source files for everyone to enjoy. The BURP renderfarm has been working on an upgrade – a stereoscopic, high resolution and high frame rate rework of Big Buck Bunny, completely open in the same spirit as the original. Today you can watch the results for yourself: http://bbb3d.renderfarming.net You can post back comments in the Sunflower thread
- Chess960@Home: Project News April 10th, 2011
09.04.2011 22:00 Uhr
To decrease the size of the database, I have manually deleted all the results older than 10 days. Every user should be able to merge unnecessary host entries like double hosts or ghosts. The problem with the validator is still not solved, he needs sometimes a little kick. ;)
- Chess960@Home: Project News Januar 2nd, 2011
01.01.2011 23:00 Uhr
The problem with the workunits is not solved. There are units for testing and every valid unit gets credits granted.
- Chess960@Home: Project News November 7th, 2010
06.11.2010 23:00 Uhr
The problem with the last workunits is under investigation. There are coming no new workunits until then.
- Chess960@Home: Project News Januar 7th, 2007
06.01.2007 23:00 Uhr
The project will have a shutdown for maintenance on Januar 7th, 8 pm German time (GMT+1). The planned duration of the maintenance will be 1-2 hours.
- Chess960@Home: Project News November 20th, 2006
19.11.2006 23:00 Uhr
The project will have a shutdown for maintenance on November 21th, 8 pm German time. The planned duration of the maintenance will be 1-2 hours.
- Chess960@Home: Project News October 19th, 2006
18.10.2006 22:00 Uhr
We have currently problems with the engine’s output after changing the duration of workunits. It needs more time to find the reason. Thanks for your patience.
- Chess960@Home: Project News October 11th, 2006
10.10.2006 22:00 Uhr
The project will have a (60-90 minutes) shutdown now for database maintenance. It starts now (8 pm German Time).