Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 15

1. Titel
    Neuling

Bewertung

Danke
    Danke gesagt 0   Danke erhalten 5

Ausrufezeichen Mankka*'s story about how it went.

I started to run FH in the beginning of 2010 with nci ones, soon moved over to CI wu's to get some shorter times. The regulations was one real & one VM (Virtual machine) allowed, 10.000 credits/host/day.

Then they were raised to 15.000/host/day & 100.000/user/day. Kept on crunching CI ones as hard as I could (with ALOT of babysitting because the server was far from stable).

The only regulations were restricted to the usage of the virtual machines/box, not cores, and the server took care of the daily host/user credit limit.

Then the police took the servers & FH went down

At that point I was #9 in total with 27.262.910 credits.

When Tobias got it up again I started them up and runned them as I was used to, OUCH, memory usage between 400K-1.4GB, so no more virtual machines for me, I don't have 64 gig mem/box that would be needed to to run the real one + 1 VB with 8 cores... so I backed off and only ran 8 cores/ real box (i7's).

...but the CPU usage was around 3-4% with 8 CI ones and I started to play with the ncpus value in Boinc's cc_config.xml file (a standard feature in Boinc and NOT forbidden in the rules) to get some real performance out of my boxes.

Started with 16 cores, peace of cake (11 % of CPU usage), went higher and just tried a stupid value of 100 cores, no problem but, the mem & CPU was hitting their limit, but a nice tryout I could do it !

...so summer holiday time with my children, we went over to Sweden to visit my mother, aarrgh half of my boxes went down during the next 16 hrs because of a short power outage, some were still running...

After 4 days I got some SMS messages from worried family (team) members that my account had disappeared in FH, I told them that I would deal with the issue when I get back to Finland.

When I got back to Finland I checked my mail, and there was only ONE mail from tobias that my account has been deleted (published here), NO warning (as told in here).

I opened a new account, crunched 857.589 credits with REAL cores, account freezed (no credits for crunched work), so I had to delete it by myself. Now up the third time...

You can think what you want, but a 500K deletion of my credits that I earned with this tryout would be a fair warning (WITH A PROPER E-MAIL), but NOT 27.5 mill (2½ years of done work crunched during the "old days").

...but as the project admin won't talk with me, this is a hard issue to solve...

I just wanted you to know how it really went !

Mankka*
    Geändert von Mankka* (27.07.2012 um 22:26 Uhr)

2. Die folgenden 5 Benutzer haben sich bei Mankka* bedankt für diesen nützlichen Beitrag:

BiancaW (28.07.2012), Peter Pan (01.08.2012), PoHeDa (27.07.2012), schensi (27.07.2012), Terminator (28.07.2012)

3. Avatar von aendgraend
    Titel
    Administrator

Bewertung

Danke
    Danke gesagt 466   Danke erhalten 578

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Mankka* Beitrag anzeigen
    When I got back to Finland I checked my mail, and there was only ONE mail from tobias that my account has been deleted (published here), NO warning (as told in here).
    Mankka*,

Tobias wrote that he sent a Warning and got a Message back. In fact I recommended him to send a warning before deleting any Account.

He wrote that here. as you got one Mail, there's most likely no SPAM-Filter involved here, that could've eaten the first mail with the warning.

So, someone here is telling us rubbish!

If you got a Warning and replied asking what he wants and that he should care about his own things, then Tobias was right in deleting your Account.

If you didn't get a warning, I'm with you, and would support you asking Tobias to restore your Credits, but I would say Credits divided by 12.5 (100 demanded Cores <=> 8 real Cores).

So, we have to wait until he's back from Holiday. In the meantime may I ask you to stop complaining all the time as we here can't do anything?

Additionally, if Tobias will prove us that he has warned you and you didn't change your settings immediately after you had been warned, I'll lock your Account here as well. I have no time for Cheaters.

4. Titel
    Neuling

Bewertung

Danke

Standard

...sorry, but had enouh, no need to prove anything more, Boinc users are not stupid, they can read between the lines...
    Geändert von Mankka* (28.07.2012 um 04:34 Uhr) Grund: Antwort auf eigenen Beitrag innerhalb von 24 Stunden!

5. Titel
    BOINC Maniac

Bewertung

Danke
    Danke gesagt 4   Danke erhalten 0

Standard

Zitat Zitat von aendgraend Beitrag anzeigen
    if Tobias will prove us that he has warned you
    the mail from my IMAP "sent" directory:

Code:
    Message-ID: <5013C676.5060304@freehal.net>
    Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 00:02:17 +0200
    User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:13.0) Gecko/20120615 Thunderbird/13.0.1
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    To: magnus.karlsson@elisanet.fi
    Subject: Cheating at Freehal@home
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-15
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Dear Magnus Karlsson,

I have seen that some of your computers are reporting 100 processor
    cores. As you probably don't have that much cores, this may be an act of
    cheating because you can get much more non-cpu-intensive workunits with
    this manipulation.

Please provide a proof that you really have 100 cores in 3 days. If you
    can't, I need to suspend or delete your account.

Best Regards,
    Tobias Schulz

-- 
    The FreeHAL-Project
    Josef-Schofer-Str. 2-102
    76187 Karlsruhe
    Platanenring 150
    61352 Bad Homburg
    /var/log/mail.log (Postfix):

Code:
    Jul 14 00:02:17 freehal postfix/smtpd[4636]: connect from dslb-092-075-150-254.pools.arcor-ip.net[92.75.150.254]
    Jul 14 00:02:18 freehal postfix/smtpd[4636]: 5378C7B61C4: client=dslb-092-075-150-254.pools.arcor-ip.net[92.75.150.254], sasl_method=PLAIN, sasl_username=tobias
    Jul 14 00:02:18 freehal postfix/cleanup[4640]: 5378C7B61C4: message-id=<5013C676.5060304@freehal.net>
    Jul 14 00:02:18 freehal postfix/qmgr[4567]: 5378C7B61C4: from=<tobias@freehal.net>, size=1109, nrcpt=2 (queue active)
    Jul 14 00:02:18 freehal postfix/smtpd[4636]: disconnect from dslb-092-075-150-254.pools.arcor-ip.net[92.75.150.254]
    Jul 14 00:02:23 freehal postfix/smtp[4641]: 5378C7B61C4: to=<magnus.karlsson@elisanet.fi>, relay=mx.kolumbus.fi[62.142.117.204]:25, delay=7.7, delays=0.58/0.03/5.3/1.8, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced$
    Is there any chance to get access to the server logs of elisanet.fi / mx.kolumbus.fi?
    Geändert von Tobias Schulz (28.07.2012 um 13:18 Uhr)

6. Titel
    Neuling

Bewertung

Danke

Standard

Thanx Tobias, but I really didn't get that mail, I can dig my logs if needed, but no use to do it anymore
    (but I will do it if needed)

I'm not THAT stupid though, I would have stopped on your first warning, because I like your project and don't want to harm it !

...so I can only say that I feel very sorry, but also being honest about the whole thing at the same time.

Can we please solve this thing and get back to crunching.

Mankka*
    Geändert von Mankka* (28.07.2012 um 13:54 Uhr)

7. Avatar von Stargazer
    Titel
    ist hier zu Hause

Bewertung

Danke
    Danke gesagt 145   Danke erhalten 155

Standard

Servus zusammen,

Koennte grad jemand die Mailadresse von Mankka verfremden/streichen? Die hat hier nun wirklich nix verloren.

Anschliessend bitte meinen Post loeschen.

Thx, gazer

8. Titel
    Gold Member

Bewertung

Danke
    Danke gesagt 2   Danke erhalten 3

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Stargazer-SG Beitrag anzeigen
    Servus zusammen,

Koennte grad jemand die Mailadresse von Mankka verfremden/streichen? Die hat hier nun wirklich nix verloren.

in dem speziellen fall ist das wohl nicht anders klarzustellen gewesen.

am ende hat die katze die hausaufgaben gefressen. ach nee - ist ja die falsche baustelle. der dumme spam-filter des providers war's!

oder so.

nimmt die posse irgendwann mal ein ende?

9. Avatar von [SG] steini
    Titel
    SG aktiv

Bewertung

Danke
    Danke gesagt 56   Danke erhalten 9

Standard

Ich weiss gerade nich ob FreeHal ein eigenes Forum hat, wenn ja sollte diese Diskussion dort statt finden, wenn nein ist es denke ich mal ok wenn FreeHal von Seti.Germany ein Unterforum zur Verfügung gestellt bekommt.
    Dann sollte man nur optisch oder akustisch eine klare Grenze zwischen SG und FreeHal ziehen.

Am Ende wirft das noch ein schlechtes Licht auf SG...

imho steini

10. Avatar von schensi
    Titel
    Gold Member

Bewertung

in der Stadt mit der einst weltgrössten Motorradfabrik

Danke
    Danke gesagt 120   Danke erhalten 22

Standard

Ne , derzeit nicht , da der Server , auf dem das Forum lief , wg. eines Hackerangriffs wohl noch bei der Polzei rumoxidiert.
    Wie wäre es denn , eine Interessengemeinschaft gründen , wo dann die ganze Sache mehr oder weniger außerhalb des "normalen"Forums diskutiert werden könnte ?
    Gruß
    Jens

Der Mensch soll lernen. Nur die Ochsen büffeln. (Erich Kästner)

11. Avatar von Stargazer
    Titel
    ist hier zu Hause

Bewertung

Danke

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Dr. Frank-N-Furter Beitrag anzeigen

in dem speziellen fall ist das wohl nicht anders klarzustellen gewesen.
    Naja, das wäre auch ohne E-Addy ersichtlich.

Hoff ich grad nur, meine Adyy find ich nicht irgendwann hier - ich würde ausflippen;

Gibts auch so schon genug Arbeit für die Spam- und Deppenfilter, was der eigentliche Grund meiner Anfrage war. Das Tobias die Mail-Addy hat, wissen wir wohl auch so.

Anyway; ist nicht meine Addy....

12. Avatar von schilli74
    Titel
    BOINC Maniac

Bewertung

Danke
    Danke gesagt 41   Danke erhalten 4

Standard

Servus zusammen,

Anschliessend bitte meinen Post loeschen.

Thx, gazer
    Diie Mailadresse hat Mankka schon selbst in diesem Thema veröffentlich.

Gruß schilli
    mein Boinc und Folding@Home neu und alt
    meine WCG Badge

13. Avatar von Stargazer
    Titel
    ist hier zu Hause

Bewertung

Danke

Standard

Ahja okay - dann nehm ich alles zurück

14. Titel
    Neuling

Bewertung

Danke

Standard

My mail address is no problem, but yes, I also hate to be in here discussing about a project that has nothing to do with Seti.Germany, so I'm very sorry guys, but this is the only forum atm...

But I think all Boinc users knows that this is just a temporary thing that has nothing to do with SG

I'm trying to get a personal discussion going with Tobias so we don't have to post in here...

15. Titel
    Gold Member

Bewertung

Danke
    Danke gesagt 2   Danke erhalten 3

Standard

Ahja okay - dann nehm ich alles zurück

selbst wenn der kontakt nicht vorher schon öffentlich gewesen wäre. wenn's den nötig wird solche logs zu publizieren, hätte ein xxx@xxx nur der nächsten faulen ausrede tür und tor geöffnet.

16. Titel
    Neuling

Bewertung

Danke
    Danke gesagt 1   Danke erhalten 0

Standard

Dr. Frank-N-Furter was soll dat?Er will und möchte das klarstellen.Hackt weiter auf Mankka*Dat is so ein Böser Bube.Also immer ruhig bleiben.Und immer bei SetiGermany nachfragen,was haben wir geändert.

Aber nur meine Meinung.
    Uli2*

Jetzt wirds wieder gelöscht.
    Geändert von Peter Pan (31.07.2012 um 00:43 Uhr) Grund: Rechtschreibsfehler gesuch und nich gefunden.